The New Orleans District Nurses Association supports and promotes lifelong learning in nursing. These nursing scholarships promote the future of nursing in the New Orleans region and encourages membership in professional nursing organizations. NODNA will select three nursing recipients who will be announced at the Celebrating New Orleans Nurses Event each year. Nominations will re-open in the Spring.
Ideal nominees will demonstrate:
- Membership in Student Nursing Organization and Community Engagement or if an RN/APRN, a member of ANA, LSNA and NODNA
- Unconditional admission in a Louisiana-based nursing program that is nationally accredited by the NLNAC/ACEN or the CCNE
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 Reflected on an Official Academic Transcript
- Resume reflecting professional leadership and service
- 250-500 word personal essay highlighting motivation to pursue a Nursing Education Undergraduate or Graduate Degree Program